Thursday, February 15, 2007

A wealth of happy things

Oh man. I feel that I am jinxing myself with all the happiness that I am so suffused with. So many beautiful, wonderful things have happened to me in the last two days that I simply do not know how to describe them.

Yesterday, Valentine's Day, I received two amazing surprises - Twelve gorgeous multicolor roses from the fantastic ladies of 4QA and twelve beautiful two tone roses from my Tom - both of which were utterly unexpected and surprising, which made them all that much more sweet. They are bloming now and add such amazing color and brightness to my apartment. To wit:



The girls also sent me delicious box of chocolates. Yum.

And then, today, I went to Goodwill and bought the coolest cabinet-cupboard-whatever the heck it is ever. For $9.99!!! AMAZE!


And THEN...I came home and got an email that told me I got into Notre Dame. um...I don't even really have the words to express how happy this made me. So, at Jody's infinitely wise suggestion, i made my way to Metro Market and proceeded to buy myself a chocolate mousse cake and a mini-bottle of Korbel.



If you can't celebrate with the people you love, celebrate by yourself. I haven't been this happy in a long time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Bernie, I've been waiting for another update. Glad to hear things are going so well for you. I will try and e-mail soon so we can catch up.

Jody said...

Hey I just read this, I'm so glad you had a great Valentine's Day! And I am VERY impressed by your great find at Goodwill, and EVEN MORE impressed you were able to get it up to your apartment!