Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Update, in brief

Before I update, has anyone else noticed how spookily Jessica Simpson-esque Fergie looks in the video for "Big Girls Don't Cry"? Not to mention the fact that it looks like she's wearing the same ugly hat in two different colors in the video. Seriously. Get new headwear.

Anyway. Away from my obscene preoccupation with pop culture and terrible but strangely fascinating music.

I'm in the zoo for most of this week and the next, but I'll be making trips back and forth to a) keep an eye on the apartment and b) haul all the junk that we've somehow managed to leave here to where it's supposed to be. Sheesh. I hve a lot of stuff. This has not, unfortunately, inspired me to do anything more feng shui than rearranging my books by height. And buying new ones, at that. I think I'm a lost cause as far as the book thing goes.

Honeycomb and Lucky have been really good company over the last couple of days, despite the slight annoyances of their costant wrassling. I can't imagine what it'd be like without those two fluffy guys to hang around with. They're lots of fun to play with outside but probably they're just good for the soul, and having them makes it feel like I'm still with family.

On another note, I'm gearing up for law school, and reading the few books from the reading list I could actually track down. It's an optional list, yes, but the paranoid in me insists that I at least make an effort to read several of the optional 31 (yes, 31!) books. Especially since I'm sure someone will have read them all and then I'll feel incredibly intimidated. At least this way I might be able to nod along with a vague understanding.

Some of the material has made me a little nervous about what I'm getting myself into but I'm still feeling pretty good, in a "challenge is good" sort of way. This attitude, I'm sure, will wear off the second I step foot into a classroom, but right now I'm willing to give it a good chance to buck up my spirits.

In other news, I get to see Tom in just a couple of weeks. Which is fantastic. We haven't been seperated for this long since...well, ever.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to reunite Lucky with the Happy Mothers Day heart! In other news, I am on the phone with you right now. Do the foot thing!