Wednesday, December 24, 2008

The busiest time of year

All I wanted was to be able to sleep for, oh, 20 hours or so. Instead, since arriving home on Sunday night, this is what I have done:
-vacuumed and dusted this entire house, top to bottom
-spent 3 hrs at Sam's Club, shopping for Christmas dinner and my sister's party
-picked up a Tom from the airport (YAY! one of the only good parts so far)
-put together a solid wood freaking gigantic table and 8 chairs to go with it
-put up and decorated a TWELVE. FOOT. TALL. Christmas tree.
-hung curtains, shower curtains, placed pictures
-ordered party favors, planned menus, decorated.

I have barely had a moment to myself except for eating, sleeping, and a late night screening of Mamma Mia last night in the as-yet-unfinished theatre. Please, let things calm down. I'm looking forward to a quiet Christmas and New Year.

Hear that sound? That's the universe, laughing at me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok a few things
1. YAY for Tom being there! Tell him I say hi. Exciting that he is in Kansas for the holidays. You must be so excited.
2. Jealous that Tom is there because I am lonely at home. I mean my family is cool and all but still...
3. Ummm domestic goddess much Bern?!
4. I want to see pictures of this huge Christmas tree!
5. How was Mamma Mia?! I need to rent it. I want to see it pretty badly. You know, me with my love of Abba and all.

Merry Christmas!!!

- Jen

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

good thing i came out to kansas otherwise lucky might have become unwittingly familiar with the digestive tract of a hawk