Friday, January 16, 2009

Pretty much the crappiest 24 hours I've had in a long time

If this comes across as whining, that's because it is. If you can complain to the internets it minimizes complaining in real life. This is actually true.

Things that happened
-woke up yesterday with sore throat, slight cough (sure signs of being sick)
-my fish died
-it was butt-freezing cold
-came home at 2 in the morning to discover that my hot water pipes had frozen in the kitchen
-My cable and internet are disabled, probably from the cold
-maintenance arrives at 4:30 to check it out — I have waited a long stinking time for them to show up
-maintenance informs me that my pipe has burst. He shuts off my hot water so I can't take a shower or wash my face without contracting frostbite.
-I get approximately 2 hours of sleep. The weather is such that every moron on the road drives approximately .007 miles per hour. I am exactly 1 minute late to my 8 o'clock class and the door is locked.
-I check Tom's flight status online. His flight into Detroit is delayed. His flight to South Bend will be leaving without him most likely, unless it is also delayed. The next flight is at noon.

Good things have happened too, but they aren't exactly counter-balancing the total suckage of the last day or so. Ugh. When it rains it pours — my bad days are always REALLY REALLY BAD days.

I write this from Lula's cafe while nursing hot chocolate, capped with a staggering froth of whipped cream. I have given up on this week.

3 comments:

Jody said...

Oh bern, sorry to hear about your very bad day! I can't believe your professor locks the door! If that happened with us, even in the first half hour of a fifty minute class, probably 20% of the class wouldn't be there. Well, I hope you have a very good weekend, and especially since you'll spend it with tom!!! tell him i say hi!

Much love for you, and so sorry to hear about maurice.

Sales Rack Raider said...

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear about the bad, bad day. Hope you'll feel better soon.

RIP, Maurice.

Muttersome said...

Thanks, Jody and Raider. Things have turned around for the time being, so that's good.