Thursday, May 14, 2009

The real world, aka boredom, layovers, cooking dinner

Life has finally settled down a bit--I've arrived at T's and am pretty much at home...except for the spare room that has essentially turned into an explosion of all my clothes. A few days here resulted in some delicious experimental pasta dinners, some massive shopping for summer suits, and a lot of sitting around being bored. All necessary activities for post-finals recovery.

Today we leave for NJ: my cousin is getting married on Saturday. Then I leave to go to KS for a week and a half (during which time engagement events will commence and doggies will be snuggled), and then I come back. And then I start work (hopefully, considering my funding hasn't come through yet). And then the summer will go by quicker than you know it.

Phew! Two paragraphs of recap and I'm off to pack. Happy summer!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Bern!!
FYI - there are set pay dates for the summer stipends and I think the first one may be some time in June. You'll probably want to email someone from CSO to get the list of dates. That's what I ended up doing last summer because God forbid they give you information that may be useful without you having to ask for it!!
So they'll split your money up over the scheduled paydays. I think the last payday may actually end up being once you end work as it is sometime in August. I remember getting a deposit once I'd finished work. Also, I think I told you this already but they tax the stipends - lame!
Have fun in Jersey at your cousin's wedding, say HI to the dogs for me while you're in KS, and hope to talk to you soon!
=) Jen

Sales Rack Raider said...

Two down, one to go. Congrats for finishing your second year! Hope you'll have a great experience with the job.

Tom said...

ohhhhhh yeeeeeeee-ahh