Wednesday, July 14, 2010

McCrankypants

Yes. In case you were wondering, I am cranky. ALL the time. I exist mostly in a constant state of crankiness, punctuated by brief bursts of terrible cheerfulness, followed by anger. How dare the sun be so shiny? How dare the clouds be so fluffy? How dare that squirrel eat a nut?!?! Why does the entire world not collapse in on itself, a frightful implosion of happy and fun and funny, simply because I am stressed out? Why must the universe point out so vividly that I am NOT Its center?!?!?!?! WHY???

Ahem.

In other news, the cessation of my work schedule has limited my run ins with Shower Hook Girl, and I no longer take the train every morning. So my life has become a lot more boring and a lot more consistent, which I guess is a good thing? Monk like, that's me. Nose to the ever-loving grindstone.

But at least I can find some joy. Today, for example, I wear yellow sneakers, purple leggings, a green tshirt, a blue hoodie, and am carrying a hot pink bag. A certain L. would not approve...especially of the pigtails. But! It cheered me up. So there! I will face the world in rainbow armor, impervious and unbeatable.

At least until the next squirrel looks at me the wrong way. Rodent, I will CUT you, mmmkay?

1 comment:

WorkingMom said...

Sounds like the outfit my mother used to wear to pick me up after evening activities at school... as a threat - if I wasn't outside at the appointed time, she was coming in to look for me, dressed in some horrendous color combo just to terrify me in front of my friends.