Monday, October 03, 2005

Busy busy

Busy busy is the name of the game. I'm trying to stay on my toes, what with homework, and Daily and my social/romantic life. There's little pockets of time in every day that I just sit and do nothing, too, which is bizarre because I could use that time to my advantage and instead I just...don't.
Things have fallen into a sort of groove. I wake up and I either study or relax and then I'm off to class, and then Daily, and then (if I'm lucky and it's the right day of the week) my favorite part of any day - my Tom! Apartment life is nice and convenient, with pieces of growing up built right into the foundation - cooking for myself, cleaning for myself, paying bills and washing dishes and doing laundry. I've found that I like it. There's a neat rhythm to it that keeps me calm if I can just manage to stay busy. It's only when I'm idle that thoughts come into my head about my future, about any problems I'm having, about weird stuff like what's happening in the world.
It seems, sadly enough, that I have to schedule time to think now.

No comments: