Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Catch and release

Weekly softball has been surprisingly fun. Especially considering that I. SUCK. at softball.

I cannot catch. Nor can I release the ball when I'm throwing at the right point for it not to plow into the ground six feet in front of me.

The only thing I am semi-decent at is batting. The only trouble is that I have no strength in my arms, so one of three things happens:

1) I hit a slow grounder, someone scoops it up, I'm out at first.
2) I hit a soft, graceful lob, someone catches it, I'm out.
3) I hit the ball, it falls to the ground, I run like heck, and I get to first. Miracle.

I think that in order to get better at softball, I need to learn how to a) throw and b) catch. I am, however, too lazy to practice, and I also do not own a softball. Therefore I will neither throw nor catch and instead, will simply chase after the ball in a completely undignified way when it bounces out of my glove.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

snappy title