Monday, October 27, 2008

If this blog were a baby

I'd be a terrible mother. Hello, regular posting, how I've missed you.

Some updates on the past few weeks:

T. came and "surprised" me with a visit over Columbus Day weekend, which also happened to be the weekend of the Law School Fall Ball. It was so amazing to see him, and the weekend turned out to be one of the best ones ever. Thanks for driving 10 hours each way, sweetie!

I have turned into some kind of domestic whirlwind. The urge to bake comes over me so frequently that usually, the utensils from the previous cookie/cake/cupcake experiment aren't even washed yet. You know it's bad when you don't mind doing the dishes just so you can dirty them again. On the upside, I think I have managed to strengthen my relationships with all of my friends. Never underestimate the power of a chocolate chip.

School is...school. I have reached that point in the semester where I start buckling down and making all kinds of resolutions that, as usual, go half-fulfilled. This time: I've decided to regiment my TV time. This means that instead of flicking the dreaded box on for background noise and finding myself distracted by financial crisis/political scandal/Madonna's getting divorced, I will only watch television at appointed times with a purpose. Therefore, every time I pick up the remote control, I must say to myself something that involves a conceivable end: "The Hills is on at 10. I will watch until 10:30." or "90210 is on at 8. I will watch it until 9." Please, no comments on my terrible taste in television.

Finally, I've found an alternative to BtVS (still my first love, but I'll take what I can get). HBO's new series True Blood deals with similar issues (vampires living among the...living, I guess) and while it's a lot grittier and more scandalous, it still gives me that fantasy/action TV fix I've had to do without since Buffy went off the air. Thanks, l., for introducing me!

That's it for now. I've got classes to read for, things to do, cookies to bake. All in a day's work.

No comments: