Saturday, March 07, 2009

The First Wedding

This weekend we went to the first wedding of one of our own Disney Divas (high school friends, to the uninformed). It was different and happy and sad and hello and good-bye all at the same time. The first night, we clapped and sang songs to drum beats as Tater sat and was admired. I got my first henna tattoo which was really cool. The second night we ate dinner, and took pictures as the bride and groom sat on the cushions at the front of the room.

Probably the strongest thing I'll take from this weekend is the vague, unfamiliar taste of things changing. Tater's the first one to go. Eventually, other people will get married, and have babies, and buy houses and grow up. I will too. And it's so strange to think about, because everytime we're back in K-zoo it's just like we're in high school again. Except this time it wasn't.

I guess I'm growing up? This is all very peculiar.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where did Uncle Rico leave those crystals...