Thursday, March 26, 2009

I want a dog

It may seem ironic that I am posting this immediately after a notice that my fish has died, but I don't care. I want a dog. The desire is now full-blown, completely and totally out of control, to the point where I'm trolling the internet on Petfinder looking for dogs to adopt even when I know that I can't adopt one right now.

I can't wait until I'm "grown up" and know where I'm going to be, and am finally in the position to have a dog of my own. I know I'm not ready to have one now--at least, with all the craziness going on in my life, it wouldn't be the ideal time. Also, I want my dog to know both me and T., and for that to really happen we'll have to get the dog together.

At the same time I just want something warm to cuddle with when I watch TV and play with and take care of. Not sure what it says about me, but my apartment was actually neater and more organized when Honeycomb and Lucky were living with me — I couldn't leave stuff around because I knew they would get into it. It's nice to have something to take care of that will love you unconditionally.

I can't wait until I can have a dog of my own!

1 comment:

teahouse said...

Hey, I'm sorry to hear your fish died. I have pet fish, too! But I have 4 of them, and they're still very much alive as of today (knock on wood).

Hope school is treating you ok.