Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The last time

I just finished registering for my last semester of classes in law school. I'm oddly complacent. I think, even when I was in college, I was a little more emotional about it. Maybe it's the fact that I'm just ready to be done, in general--law school has been great to me, really great, but at the same time I'm prepared to move on to the next phase of my life.

Next semester, I'm heavy on the practical courses, like Criminal and Personal Injury stuff. I think in the long run, this will be more useful to me than some of the more theoretical classes I've favored in the past, like Federal Courts (which is really only useful if you practice in...well, in federal courts...and since I am almost sure that I will be state-based, it's probably a better idea to take advocacy and adjudication courses.

This semester is quickly drawing to a close, and, per usual, I'm not prepared for the craziness that is finals. However, I'm ahead on my directed reading, three of my credits don't require a final, two aren't graded, and one is a take home project. So I plan to devote all my time to the two classes that are exam-based starting next week.

Last but not least, I am proud to announce that after today, I will be done with Week Six of the nine week Couch to 5k I've embarked on. It has been a surprisingly smooth journey--maybe the most surprising because I didn't think I would be able to stick to the schedule for this long. At this point, it's routine--one of my friends told me that it takes 21 days to form a routine--and I'm actually really proud of myself that I can manage a light run for a mile at a time. Today's run is one 25-minute block with no breaks, so fingers crossed I can do it!

1 comment:

Sales Rack Raider said...

I also felt oddly complacent in my last year of law school. After being in school for so many years, it just gets tiring, and it's only natural to feel ready to get it over with and move on to the next phase of life. You're almost done!