Tuesday, August 01, 2006

A wonderful weekend, welcome water, and weather that's totally wack

So this weekend, my Tom came to visit me, and then his parents came to visit me, and it was wonderful. Poor, pragmatic, prosaic Tom, whose greatest literary pleasure is reading historical non-fiction, got dragged to two poetry events, one a reading, that filled his ear with the exact kind of metaphoric, similistic, and generally fantastic phrases he usually tries to avoid. (Is similistic a word? It is now.) But he was a great sport and provided excellent company. Plus he gave me lots of hugs.

One of the best things about his visit, though, is the gigantic 24-pack of aquafina he brought me that is sitting in the back room of the ofice, waiting patiently to hydrate me and make me oh so happy. And the water is very much welcome, and very much needed, because...

The weather is totally wack. It is hot, and not like a potato. This is more like chile pepper, Sonora Desert, Kokopelli hot, the likes of which I haven't seen since my desert days. Plus it's humid, so that makes things a little worse. Plus, it keeps threatening to rain but WON'T! What the heck is that? Rain already, and give us all a break from this stifling humidity.

On another, more random note, I have recently invested in the Mackinac Island Book Store, having purchased several tomes of edifying literature, among which are both Shopaholic Takes Manhatten and Shopaholic Ties the Knot. BUT! I DID buy To Kill A Mockingbird, so you can't laugh at me.

Much love, many hugs, mucho kisses,

Bernie.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nope, no go, I'm laughing at you anyway.

Not at you, WITH you.

Anonymous said...

Bernie, I am at work so I thought it would be a perfect time to check out your blog. You're not going to believe it, but I just bought the Shopaholic Takes on Manhattan book yesterday!