Monday, July 24, 2006

Socks, and other contemplative thoughts

I have a philosophy of socks. Well, one that I just thought of. Socks are like relationships. They are soft and snuggly and cushion your feet and make it a lot easier to bear your burdens, especially the ones with the special weave that are supposed to help your arch or whatever. Sometimes you lose a sock in the dryer, and that's sort of how some relationships are, like elementary school friends. Sometimes socks get holes in them, and then you have to mend them or just take them off. Putting on holey socks over and over again is just bad for your feet.

Wow I am SO philosophical this morning. Really, this just stems from me thinking about the socks I am wearing and how the socks I wore on Friday developed a hole in the toe which really annoyed me.

Many hugs to everyone I haven't seen in a while. I miss you! I hope the summer is going well for everyone. May your socks always be warm, whole, and dry.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate socks.

Sorry, relationships.

Wait, both.

Anonymous said...

May your shoes always be shiney, firm, and tied.

Muttersome said...

Shiney, eh?

not shiny?

Anonymous said...

Either-or.