Sunday, June 21, 2009

Slightly abashed, with a change of plans

Yeah, so...anyone who was excited to see Basel (on the edge of your seats, I'm sure) will just have to wait until I make it out to the farm stand for Basel 2.0, because the original Basel is now shriveled up and kinda, well, dead. I have no idea what happened! Except that I forgot to water him and then it stormed so he sort of got tossed around on the balcony and then it was super bright and he dried up. Yeah. Anyone who wants to trust me with a plant or a fish can take a number.

In other news, T. and I have hit up Annapolis twice in the last week and holy goodness, I want to live there. As I told T., it is the perfect mix of yup, prep, and hip. The downtown area has lots of historic rowhouses and cobblestone streets with original brickwork and I can already picture my idyllic life, sitting on my stoop with a glass of wine and walking down to the harbor to get ice cream and wander around at dusk with my adorable and well behaved dog Zeke, who is affectionate and well-liked by all my neighbors. Somehow in this fantasy I have also won the lottery and can afford a historic townhouse with all its traditional details preserved, bright and filled with vintage posters, stainless steel kitchen appliances, and solid wood bookshelves.

Sigh...keep dreaming....

No comments: