Wednesday, June 03, 2009

The start of something summerful

I've been working for three days now, and I can definitely say that it is an adventure! I've gotten some great projects right off the bat and also got to watch a docket call in court and tag along for some witness prep sessions. Due to the nature of the job the attorneys in my office are colorful and quick thinking and I can already tell that I will be learning a lot from them.

Otherwise, I leave work a bit earlier than T. does so I get to do most of the dinner cooking. It's been SO much more fun cooking for two, because I can do bigger and fancier meals without worrying that I'll be eating the same stuff for five days in a row. Probably one of the best parts about cooking for two is that the other person does the cleaning for two...hehe. It also helps that T. can come home for lunch most days, so he helps clean out the leftovers (I can't, because my office is too far away, so I've been packing PB&Js and fruit to get me through the day). My hours are great so I don't mind nibbling on my sandwiches while researching. In fact, I think it's pretty cool...makes me feel like a grown up (although I'm sure I'd feel differently if I worked normal hours!).

To be perfectly honest, I think this summer (work-wise) will be amazing. I already feel my mind absorbing stuff. T. and I also have a lot of adventures planned for the summer — trips to the beach, flea markets, etc. Should be a fun time! After so much time spent apart (we've done long distance for 2.5 yrs now) it's a treat to have so much time together.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am going to be entirely honest with you right now and say that in this moment I hate you a little bit and am jealous of you for a multitude of reasons.

Aside from my jealousy and hatred I am happy you are having such a great summer so far!

~ Jen

Muttersome said...

To be entirely honest myself, I spent most of the school year being jealous of you for many reasons...probably some of the same ones you feel now...hang in there!