Monday, May 29, 2006

A bracelet, a bicycle, and a Blue Monday

You know, I love having people visit me. The anticipation, the waiting, the planning - it's so much fun. And then when they actually arrive - good NIGHT! I can't get enough. Snuggling with my boyfriend, who I see far too little of, and hugging my family and my doggies, who are also much too seldom seen, makes me happier than pretty much anything else in the world.
Except.
Except that when they leave, everythign seems twice as sucky as it did before they came.
Hence, a Blue Monday. Loneliness is amplified when you've got something fabulous and wonderful compared to. I think this is why Hell must be so awful. If you went to Hell and that was all you knew you would lament your life but it would never be the actual psychological torment you undergo knowing and remembering all the wonderful things that came before.

Ok, enough of this depressed crap. Isolation is turning me into a regular Freud. Or Jung. Or something.

For my birthday, my handsome and wonderful boyfriend brought me a very pretty pink bracelet. It is sparkly and sterling silver and everything a girl could want. I especially like the messenger. :)

Also, my parents brought my bike, and having a bike is great! I like whizzing down the street. Also, I registered it at the police station and now it has a shiny new sticker on it that says to potential bike stealers "Hey! Back off!"

Also, today is a holiday and everyone in America is not working except for me. Ok, maybe that is a teensy exaggeration, but not by much. Seriously.

I miss Chinese food. Also I miss Pizza Hut and Meijer. And everyone that's not here with me, which is everyone.

No comments: