Monday, May 22, 2006

Things that are cool, and the best grilled cheese sandwich ever

Things that are cool:
-Faxes (we just got a new fax machine in the office and it's awesome)
-Good weather (not today, interestingly enough)
-listening to my iPod and writing blogposts during slow periods at the office (hey, I can't help it if the new owner of the Irish Pub isn't in today)
-Sour Patch Kids (they make me pucker but I love them.)

And...the best grilled cheese sandwich ever. Sorry, I ate it before I could take a picture, but if you're interested, you can get it at the Astor Street Cafe on Mackinac Island for $4.77, with chips and a pickle. I have eaten two of them in the last four days. Mmmmmmm. I think they must use extra fatty butter or something because it just tastes so good.

Booo I have to work and I have a deadline on Wednesday. But tonight the series finale of Alias is on, and even though I don't really watch that show and I never really udnerstand what's going on, it can't hurt to gain a little more pop-culture knowledge while simultaneously burning brain cells and drinking hot cocoa.
Question: hot cocoa or hot chocolate? What's the difference? Is one snottier than the other? Am I becoming the type of person who says "double entend" instead of "double entendrUH"?

Also, since I am slowly disintegrating due to my utter isolation from general civilization, I've decided that I should take advantage of my empty hours and get in shape. So let's see how long this plan lasts. Although with all the walking I have been losing weight, and my calves are getting suspiciously firmer. So much for sloth.

This excessively long post is a symptom of what happens when you put Bernie into an office for nine hours on a Monday with nothing even remotely close to delivery within a ten mile radius.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm, grilled cheese. My housemate has a sandwich maker that grills 2 of them side by side with minimal clean up needed. It's probably among the best things to happen this summer...which will give you a fairly good indication of how high intensity my summer has been.