Monday, September 03, 2007

The hour in between

Posting between Criminal Law and Civil Procedure might become a regular thing for me. I have nice downtime, I'm usually done with any reading I might have to do, and it's too short a break to really get into any reading ahead (notice how I use lack of sufficient time as an excuse there? Pretty awesome).

I have just spent a wonderful weekend with Tom, whose visits are as precious as gold, and no less so for the fact that he takes most of the burden of doggie-ownership off of me for a few days. Except those guys usually choose to be their cutest when Tom's around, so it's really not fair.

In other news, law school has started to develop into a routine (albeit a new one). The reading is a lot, yes, but I think the understanding is what takes the longest time and in the long run will require the greatest investment. I really want to go back over my notes so far and collate them, or at least distill them into something that is more easily understood at first glance. Right now, they're sort of a mess of bullets and long, run on paragraphs. I have yet to break myself of the habit of writing narratively, or at least in narrative forms, since I can't seem to break my thoughts into bullet points (as useful as those might be as finals approach). This will take practice, I'm sure.

I haven't been called on yet, but I'm sure the day is approaching and will be on me before I know it. What if it's today?! Maybe I should take the next half hour to go over the reading for Civil procedure. Yeah, that sounds like a good idea.

1 comment:

Sales Rack Raider said...

You're so good--posting in the hour between classes instead of posting in the break during class (like me...hehe).

Glad to hear that school is going well.