Sunday, September 23, 2007

In the library

I've been in the library for a little over two hours now, and in that two hours I have managed to do only a little of what I had hoped and a lot of what I shouldn't have, i.e., reading Sunday Styles, talking online, wikipedia. I am also hungry, and I really really hope that my stomach doesn't start growling. You know it's bad when you start imagining what you can eat after you get all your work done. I've thought about cooking, but I don't want to dishes. So I think I might have to stop somewhere and get something to eat that way. But where? That's the question. And what? An even bigger question. So many choices, so litte stomach room.

Additionally, all of this sedentary law school life (in addition to the many many empty calories I've been taking in due to my tendency to snack while reading and also to enjoy the company of my friends) is slowly and surely making me put the pounds I shed over the summer back on. This has GOT to be nipped in the bud. I like being able to wear my favorite jeans again.

In the interest of my waistline, I've cut out unnecessary snacking and am trying to adhere to the small-meals-throughout-the-day doctrine. Since I live alone, this is working out pretty well. The next stop on the fitness train: buy a scale. More on that adventure later. RIght now, negligence calls.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am never more distracted than when in the library!