Monday, October 15, 2007

Foresight...

Is something I usually lack, in abundance (can you lack something in abundance? If you lack it, doesn't that mean you have no abundance? Confusion). But today I had foresight and I slipped through morning and into afternoon so easily that I think I might try this foresight thing for a while.

Exhibit A: shut down my computer last night and put it in its case.
This morning I just slid it into my bag! No fuss, no muss, no waiting for it to shut down. Fantastic.

Exhibit B: left my Torts book at school
Usually I cart my books back and forth like a crazy overloaded person, but today, ah, one of my books was already at school. How terrific! Never mind that I had a good five minutes of panic this morning looking for it before crossing my fingers and hoping that I had, indeed, left it at school. The important thing is that three days ago (!) I had the vision and preparation of spirit to leave it in my locker.

I feel like today's gears have been well oiled and smooth running as a result of all this planning. I don't know what to do with the extra 30 seconds I've bought myself today. Maybe I'll give myself a quick pat on the back.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Exhibit C: How do you punish Helen Keller? Give her a basketball and tell her to read it.

This has nothing to do with your post, but I thought I'd repay you for the stellar HK joke you told me the other day.

P.S. I for one am your machine is well-oiled and operating smoothly.