Sunday, October 28, 2007

Things to do when you haven't done anything

1. Study
2. Study
3. Study

Just kidding. Surprisingly, I did get quite a lot done this week and for that I am very proud of myself. But I still have a great deal left to do. It seems like the more I do the more I have to do. Thank goodness I have the memories of a wonderful weekend and a well-stocked refrigerator to keep me going through these busy times.

Friday was a wonderful day - decided to go for broke and take the boys for a walk on campus. They walked around and chased squirrels and pranced for admirers for a couple hours, and when we got home they were probably more tired than we were. Both of them curled up for naps almost immediately. We went to Rocco's for dinner, and had great pizza, and met Rocco! Ah, the celebrity sightings of small-town America.

Saturday morning we ventured out to the Farmer's Market. What a discovery! I bought a red pepper, a delicious French boule, a head of brilliant purple cauliflower, some cookies. We shared a soft pretzel (best I've ever had - those Amish know their pretzels) and took home two smoked chicken and apple sausages, which were probably some of the most delicious sausage I've ever had (just sizzled in a pan, heaped with red onions). Then for dinner, Tom's favorite pork chops in tomato sauce. Not to mention that we watched 3 Disney movies while playing rummy throughout the day. What a way to spend an afternoon.

Unfortunately, this weekend and week are at an end. Real life resumes. At least I shall be better prepared for it, and refreshed enough to boldly face the workload that awaits me.

Yeah. Right.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just had the leftover porkchop (i took it to school) in the lounge while watching some of the patriots-redskins game. It was really good... now back to law review hell.

Anonymous said...

Btw, that comment above is from me.

Muttersome said...

I would never have guessed.