Wednesday, March 19, 2008

(No) Maurice, Day 2

Due to many commitments (brief, class, brief, homework, brief) I have not been at home all day. Normally this would be fine (actually, it is fine) but I'm actually starting to worry about Maurice, which is either a sign of great caring or great insanity on my part. I know he's a fish, and hardy, and all that blah blah, but I am worried that he is too cold because it's been cloudy today, or that he's hungry and I'm not there to feed him his permitted single flake of food, or GOD FORBID what if he's somehow worked out a way to open the lid of his tank and jumped out and is flopping around on the coffee table, helpless? OR WHAT IF A CAT GOT IN AND ATE HIM?

I realize that the likelihood of any of these things happening is about the same chance that he'll somehow work out an effective plan for world domination, but it could happen. I saw Pinky and the Brain. I know all about small animals and big plans.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Floppy is a good name for a fish.