Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Reflections on long car rides, new shoes, and summer jobs

Back from Easter weekend, spent in Alpena with Tom and his family. Mostly, I did nothing but sleep, eat raspberry cobbler, and work on a puzzle. We also paid a visit to the Alpena mall (always an exciting venture) where there are even fewer stores than the first time I visited (which I thought was an impossibility, seeing as the last time there were maybe 11 stores and now there are...oh...9?) Claire's is still a happening hotspot though. It's good to know that the tweens of Alpena aren't suffering from lack of Day-glo plastic jewelry and fake tattoos.

I also bought new shoes this week (something that hasn't happened in a while, so pat me on the back)—gold shoes to go with my dress for Barrister's Ball and nice black pumps. I'm excited!

I have also managed to procure summer employment, and I am excited beyond belief. Amazing! And here I thought I was going to have to put on the $5 dollar large pizza sandwich board and dance around outside of Little Caesar's. Pluses: I get to live at home (save $$, be around family, play with doggies all summer). Minuses: No Guns Allowed in the McDonald's playplace.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.alpenamall.com/

Holy cow... check out the Mall's slogan!

And btw, 17 tenants!

Sales Rack Raider said...

(How'd I miss this post before?) Congrats on procuring summer employment!