Wednesday, March 12, 2008

The problem of the trash

I've had my computer now for over 2 years, and in that entire time I have never been able to bring myself to empty the trash can. I've gone through the dozens (possibly hundreds) of files several times, reconfirming that yes, this is trash, and no, I will not miss any of these things. Since moving things to the trash I have never, not once, restored a file. And yet, I cannot just empty the trash!

Something about the finality of clicking that button, and then clicking the button that says "Are you sure you would like to empty the trash? This cannot be undone." just scares the crap out of me.

I feel sure that on the day I can empty the trash, I will have achieved a whole new level of personal growth. I'm just not sure when that day will come.

No comments: