Saturday, July 01, 2006

My Tom is coming to visit me!

My Tom is coming to visit me! Isn't that the AWESOMEST? Yeah, I know.

While indulging my slightly-childish-but-eminently-lovable penchant for soft snuggly things that are good for cuddling, Tom has bestowed upon me his favorite childhood stuffed animal.



Nicefur is a puppet dog whose nice fur has been mostly loved off. His eyes are chipped from numerous throwing matches and his ears are tattered from the tug-of-war tournaments held in Tom's youth. He has a vicious looking scar running up his back from where he was sewn up after a valiant battle wound, and a hole behind his ear that yields the soft pressure of his cotton filled head when pressed. He doesn't have a mouth, so he is silent.

Best of all, he's loved. And now, he's mine (well, sort of. I share him.)

Yeah, I know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Nicefur, Hi Bernie.

Happy Independence Day to you both!

"The Second of July, 1776, will be the most memorable epoch in the history of America. I am apt to believe that it will be celebrated by succeeding generations as the great anniversary festival. It ought to be commemorated as the day of deliverance, by solemn acts of devotion to God Almighty. It ought to be solemnized with pomp and parade, with shows, games, sports, guns, bells, bonfires, and illuminations, from one end of this continent to the other, from this time forward forever more."

--John Adams, in a letter to his wife Abigail regarding the day the Continental Congress voted unanimously for independence. (Although the vote for independence took place on July 2, the vote was not made public until the Declaration of Independence was edited and adopted by Congress on July 4th.)