Sunday, May 08, 2005

Testing, 1, 2, 3

This post is a test, just to see if anyone reads this. If not, I will make less effort to make it funny. Just kidding, I get my own rewards from venting and making silly jokes on this thing - it gives me something to do to fill up the empty hours of my day thinking about people I miss...Ruth...Irene...Surbhi...all the Disney Divas...Tom...Ann...yeah.

Nothing has happened today, except it's Mother's Day which is always nice because my mom gets to relax. The only bad thing is...gulp!...my mom's present- she asked that for a present I teach Kristine percentages, and that Kristine learn them. THIS IS A TALL ORDER!!!! I have no patience with kids, and every time I attempt to teach Kristine something I end up wanting to shoot myself because it is so...damn...frustrating. I'm liking the ellipses today.

Wish me luck teaching my sister! Believe me, I will need it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pish tush! Percentages are easy! Just teach Kristine the way Dad taught me: "One percent means one out of one hundred. 50% means 50 out of 100 and so on. For example, let's say you mow lots of lawns and make $100 one week. Now let's say the Democrats take 40 of those dollars and give it to a welfare queen in Detroit so she can buy crack and cigarettes and lotto tickets and Lunchables Snack-Packs(TM) for her 9 children out of wedlock, but not condoms. What PERCENT do you have left to put in the bank and save for college?"

Muttersome said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Muttersome said...

Hey! Partisan politics!!! And that is so not true. They only take 40% if you make over 200,000. Which means if you make 1.2 million dollars last year, hypothetically, you pay $480,000 in taxes. And maybe one of those kids goes to school (thanks to your lunchables) and learns something, decides to NOT be like her mother, scrapes together enough money to take a course, becomes a clerk in a law office, picks up on what's going on, gets a scholarship, goes to law school, and becomes the next Governor of Michigan and helps to reform the welfare policy so more kids get a chance. Besides, how do you know what all welfare mothers do with their money? People who aren't on welfare do just as bad things.

Sheesh, politics.